Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Proposal

     I propose to make a series of work that will use plaster as a combining media.  Using plaster as the main material will be experimental to myself since I am unfamiliar with this media, but I am confident that I will be able to create a series of 3 sculptures.  My theme is reaching.  I came up with this concept last year when I created a sculpture of a wooden hand.  The world seems to be reaching for someone or something and with my approach to this particular idea I will be to relay this message in each of my sculptures. 

2 comments:

  1. So are you going to make large hands out of plaster? Will you be using a wire armature?

    By "reach" are you referring to something lost that one is trying to reconnect with or something that is new and just out of reach. Just trying to understand because it could make a difference in the underlying message / concept of the series.

    ReplyDelete