Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sculpture II Proposal K.Lunsford

This summer I became interested in George Segal's figurative work with plaster. (Note: ECU's library has some great art books on his work if anyone is interested). I was attracted to the way he developed his sculptures and displayed them interacting with objects like windows, chairs, beds, doors, etc. he also created installations with political statements. So I was hooked.

My proposal has two parts: First, to make a life size plaster sculpture of a male figure. This will be the first time for me to do any kind of body casting. Second, to have the figure interact with an object.

The statement of the piece will be dealing with how American Indian objects are displayed in museum cases. I will also be using humor to take a jab at archeologists and ethnologists misinterpretation. Working title: "Hey, I was looking for that."

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good. Lets see some images of this work that influenced you

    ReplyDelete