Sunday, August 29, 2010

chainsaw carving attachment for angle grinder

King Arthur Tools, Lancelot and Squire chainsaw blades for power carving with an angle grinder.

I purchased one for the class. It is extremely dangerous if not used properly. You can get one from Woodcraft for $44. They fit on almost any 4.5" angle grinder. I have tested it and it is maybe the single greatest tool I have ever used. It is "as advertised" and easily powers through wood. See the video below...


And he's not kidding about the wood chips. I used it for about 5 minutes only and had to wash my hair twice to remove all the pieces. I also went all over campus before I realized I had what probably looked like dinosaur dandruff.

This guy is a hoot too. There is a very politically incorrect statement at the very end.


2 comments:

  1. great another dangerous tool! Monday after you showed me how to use the saw in the painting room I used the nail gun for the first time i missed the wood the nail bounced off the table and flew towards the wall. i felt the swoosh of the nail go past my arm! thankfully the room was pretty much empty.i have healthy fear of powertools. i believe i have powertool guardian angel or at least hope i do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tools can be dangerous, but if used properly they are very safe. Tool companies cannot afford to produce a dangerous piece of equipment. Think of the lawsuits. They spend millions in safety research. Being knowledgable and confident are the keys. Never use a tool that you haven't been trained or one that you are afraid of. Ask Brad to help you if you have questions.

    ReplyDelete