Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Pamela's Project Proposal


Pamela Filipelli

Sculpture II Fall 2010

Tu-Th 1:00-3:50

August 24, 2010

Proposal for work for first half of this semester.

Project-Cast Paper Artifact “Tree”

Materials-Cedar stump, rebar, cast paper from plaster molds made with wet clay models, acrylic paints

Why? I want to make a contemporary work of art that encompasses the past, present, and future. I am stirred by the Ancestors and the concept of the continuation of Life on Earth. The use of an old cedar stump I have saved from my days working in Landscaping for the Chickasaw Nation will serve as an inspiration to build on, literally. I will create forms that remind us of the past through petro glyph and pictograph iconology, Western archaic imagery, familiar symbols used today, and find some signs to represent our future to cast in paper that I will arrange on rebar. The form should resemble a tree that can be seen from all angles giving the viewer a vantage of each concept included and hopefully move them regarding the Cycle of Life.

1 comment: