Wednesday, December 7, 2011

"Andy Goldsworthy" project 5





































This was my last attempt and, while it took me a lil while to pick and arrange the rocks, the idea for it came to me quickly and the rocks I needed for it were only a few feet away. Aaron had mentioned that there was a grouping of yellow flowers near the dam, so I had decided to check it out when I realized I was not limited to the very back portion of the park. As soon as I saw them, I could just see a huge snake slithering between the bundles of blooms. After that it just became a question of what to make the snake out of, which was quickly resolved with the proximity of the dam/waterfront that holds so many stones. The first two shots are meant to be horizontal and are just for different angles because the last one is the actual view that I intended for this piece. I had thought about making a black streak down the length of the piece with ribbon, paint, and/or charcoal to further accentuate the curves, but I was worried it would be too much so I decided against it. I am happy with this piece as well and am surprised at how effortless it seemed to be.

1 comment: