Wednesday, December 7, 2011
I forgot I needed to share how I made my pieces. First of all I bought 45 ft of copper wire, although when you look at the pieces together they do not seem to equal that amount, but they are there in fact. 2 big blocks of candle wax, boiling bags and an endless supply of cupcake holders. I used candle wax after melting and poured them into the holders for the form. These would become my heads for my mushrooms. After letting them dry but not completely I peeled away the paper layer. I would take the formed wax and drop it into the pot of boiling water, this smoothed out the tops and removed the ridges from the cupcake holders. I would then take one of the long copper rods and insert it into the bottom of the head. After I made sure they were standing nice and tall without the heads falling over, I continued. I like that I did not keep with one size, that I changed it up to have a nice variety of sizes. It was a crafty idea which became brilliant. I burned myself only a few times, but hey like they say if you don't get burned then whats the use....at least i think that's a saying. Apparently I've had one to many days without sleep.
Posted by Teresa at 10:08 PM